Activate Scan When Leaving Computer

If you're a 'home-only' computer user that typically leaves the computer 'on' during the day, but leave your computer for moments in excess of 15 minutes, do this: activate one (Virus, Trojanware or Malware) of your protection programs.

When you return, just 'pause' the scanning and when you leave again, just activate it again. Always 'update' before scanning. This daily habit should keep your software and protection updated.. During the day, one or all of your protective programs will have finished their scanning. Be sure to turn 'off' your printer, scanner, etc. if they're not to be used and when you do leave the computer. Also turn 'off' the monitor display

By Cajun from Collinsville

This is a solid idea. Although my AVG is set to scan every four hours and runs in the background, I know the concept would translate to other time-consuming tasks.

Thumbs up!

My idea is that, if you're going to be away from the computer for, 15-20 minutes; do a Quick Scan; if longer [I go for bike rides of ~3hours] I do a Full Scan. Yes, that may be a waste of electricity, but I feel that it' worth it; at least once a week. :)

Computers MaintenanceNovember 9, 2010
🍀
💘