AdviceCrafts

Bottle Caps With Pictures on Them

I've been making bows and would like to know if anyone out there knows where and how do people make these bottle caps for their bows with different pictures on them? Thanks.

Lizette from Fresno, CA

I get my bottle caps (fully blank, never used) from an art supply place, online- just keyword "bottle caps to buy" and you should find it. For the pictures, I made a template, about 1" around, made from part of a margarine container lid, and that's what I use to frame out and cut out the images that I want. I use a craft knife for the cutting. Then, you put a dab of Ilene's Paper Glaze (available at any scrap booking or art supply store) in the bottom of your cap, place your picture in there, and make sure that it's set as you want it.

After that, you cover the picture with the paper glaze- it will be white, like Elmer's glue, until it's fully dry, so make sure to let it set for at least 24-48 hours! You can add beads to the edges, etc., for a nice, decorative addition- the glaze will hold them in and seal them. You can add all kinds of nifty little things to these! My final step is to drill a small hole at the top, and add a large jump ring. I use these for charm bracelets and other projects. Good luck- these are a lot of fun, and really versatile- your imagination is the limit with these little guys! :) When I get home later, I will upload a picture of a finished project- am at work right now. ;) UPDATE: here is a photo from my old Etsy store (now defunct)- I made these with cutouts from mini-playing cards. BTW, Articus Studio is the online store that I got these unused caps from. Have fun! :0)