Headache Cures

Cures for a headache. Post your ideas.

To cure your headache drink Gatorade.

By tom ferrera

Editor's Note: This works because quite often headaches are caused by dehydration. A full glass of water could help too and be much cheaper.

By (Guest Post)

I have had migraine headaches for many years. One of the problems with migraines is that you are nauseated as well as dealing with the pain. I agree that you may be dehydrated. I keep caffeinated soda on hand for these occasions. Drink it when you take your pain meds. Some medications specifically for migraine headaches have caffeine as an ingredient. It seems to make Tylenol or other meds work better. Also, if you have a really long lasting headache take Tylenol one time and then ibuprofen the next. It works better.

Ellen

By Melissa (Guest Post)

To stop the pain fast take an aspirin with caffeine---coke, diet coke. The asprin thins the blood and stops the pain, the caffeine dialates the blood vessels in the brain delivering the aspirin more quickly. This is the main ingredients in Excedrin Migrain--much cheaper.

By EVELYN BRICKER (Guest Post)

HAVE YOUR GALLBLADDER CHECKED! AFTER REMOVING MY GALLBLADDER MY MIGRAINES WENT AWAY! THEY ALWAYS CAME AROUND MY PERIOD AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS PMS. NOW I MAY HAVE A VERY SLIGHT HEADACHE BUT NOT ONE MIGRAINE! MY GALLBLADDER WAS VERY BAD. I JUST DIDNT HAVE IT REMOVED FOR NO REASON. GOOD LUCK! DOCTOR SORT OF ROLLED HER EYES WHEN I TOLD HER MY HEADACHES ARE GONE NOW FOR OVER 2 YEARS. WORTH HAVING GALLBLADDER LOOKED AT.

By Judi guest post (Guest Post)

I have had migraines for years... and for many of these headaches I have used a clothespin and clipped it to my ear lobe or the "web" between my thumb and first finger...

works very well for me. I can change the clothespin from side to side or ear to web if it gets to tight.

Freshly squeezed lime juice over a period of a week will do the trick in most cases.

I always get headaches and I just read or watch TV, just get your mind off of your headache and it goes away! Or you can rub a lime or a lemon on your face and suck the juice or eat it, it works very well and gets rid of acne!

Stress and low levels of oxygen in the bloodstream contribute to many headaches. Deep breathing, fresh air, walking (not ambling), yoga and light exercise will help alleviate many problems.

When I get headaches they are usually from tension. I rub my shoulders and neck (up into the hairline) with BioFreeze, and drink a lot of water. They usually go away pretty quickly.

Alternatively you can use an ice bag on the neck and back of the head for 10-15 minutes...