Choosing a Rat or a Mouse as a Pet?

I was wondering which is better a rat or mouse for a pet? I really love rats a lot, but I also like mice. I need to know which requires more care and which is smarter and friendlier. Any thoughts?

By Sarah

Believe it or not, mice are kind of delicate. I'd go with the rat. My nephew had a pet rat and she was just the nicest, sweetest little pet. We called her the "not-rat" and "very large mouse" because of the negative connotations of the word "rat".

By far a rat is the better of the two! Rats are extremely loving, bond well to their owner and are much smarter than most people give them credit for. I had a pet rat once named Yodi and he was such a lover! He would cuddle in my lap and come to me simply by calling him by name.

The little rat would be my choice. My sister had a pet rat and he was the greatest pet.

I have had both, the mice were cute, but very hyper. They wanted to run around instead of being held. The rats were calmer and liked to ride on my shoulder, they both make great pets.

I have had several rats and they were the best. I loved them all. Consider buying your rat from a breeder, not a pet store.

Pet store rats are not carefully bred and often have a type of pneumonia that cant be cured. It really shortens their lives. You can find local breeders on the internet.

Pets RatsNovember 13, 2011
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91284076.tip.html