OdorsCleaning

Removing Spice Odors from a Crockpot

I made chili in my pressure cooker last night. Now the cooker insert, lid, and especially the silicone ring seal smell like cumin, in spite of several washes. The same is true with the silicone spatula I used. I tried soaking in baking soda and water and later added white vinegar. Maybe the solution was too weak. Does anyone have any magic solution to share with me?

By Nicki Rippeteau from Amarillo, TX

I think this might work for you. Put hot water into the crock pot and throw in a peeled potato. If it can take fresh onion smell off of my hands, I'm sure it would work for a nonpourus item. Good luck! Leslie

I just would ignore it, and make something like jam next time as an antidote. The smell is made of essential oils which fade with exposure to air.

If you put fresh coffee grinds into a paper filter then set in your pot overnight, covered, all bad odors will disappear!