CookingCamping

Cook Two Things In The Same Water

Whether you camp or not, here is a great way to cook two items in the same water. I tried this and it was perfect!

In your electric coffee maker, stand your corn on the cob on it's end and let it cook! I used a simple one from Rival but brand isn't important.

Next, after I cooked my cleaned corn, I added eggs and replaced the lid.

When I tried this, I imagined that I would have to reheat my eggs the next morning because before they were boiled, it began to rain and it was bedtime. Anyway so I unplugged the "poly hot pot" and let the eggs stay in the water used to cook the corn. The next morning I checked and to my surprise, the eggs were done and still warm!

I remember sitting the hot pot under the blanket I had my Coleman cooler sitting under to shade it so that may be the reason the water stayed warm overnight.

By Veronica from Sedalia, MO