Save Grease for Suet

I am an avid bird feeder. In the winter I save my grease drippings, mix them with seed and pour them in a paper milk container. Put it in the fridge to harden and once hardened tear off the paper. I save my net onion bags and hang the home made suet in them for the birds.

apm127 from Long Beach

Excellent idea. Thanks.

Please do not use the plastic net bags. The birds may get tangled in them. This happened when I used the netted bags and the birds' leg was caught in the netting. It was horrible and I was glad that I was home to release the bird. If not the bird would have probably died since it was winter and very cold or it may have broken its' leg. Use the wire-type cages, they are not that expensive and they last for a very long time.

Pets BirdsApril 30, 2009
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-10 13:20:06 in 956 msecs. ⛅️️