FabricCleaning

Removing Fabric Paint

How do I get fabric paint off my backpack?

By vanessa from Santa Ana, CA

I got puffy paint in my white Hollister sweatshirt and I've tried hairspray, rubbing alcohol, and nail polish remover and nothing has worked. I laid my hand in it so it was smeared in and dried before I tried to get it out. I've also used Easy Scrub with bleach and Resolve can anyone help me please?

By Miquela C.

How do you get puffy paint out of a fabric that is non washable?

By Coral

How do you remove fabric paint? My daughter wrote her name on her violin case, which is canvas. She has now outgrown this violin, and I'd like to remove her name to pass the violin on to another kid.

By Amy Singh

Answers:

Removing Fabric Paint

Try acetone (nail polish remover). (07/25/2009)

By Greenie

Removing Fabric Paint

I would imagine the fabric paint was a water based paint, and as such, has long ago set in, so trying to actually remove the name would probably not work well. Depending on how big an area the name covers, have you thought about tracing, or free-handing a design, or flower, etc., over the name, thus creating something original and unique for the "new" owner to call their own. (07/27/2009)

By Loretta

Removing Fabric Paint

If you don't have any luck, you could always paint over it; just paint a solid rectangle over it. The next kid can take a permanent marker and put their name in the same place. Good luck. (07/27/2009)

By tahlula