OdorsCleaning

Removing Cigarette Smell from a Fabric Purse

How do I get the cigarette smell out of a nylon purse I bought secondhand?

By Traci

If it can be soaked in a sink full of water and mild soap, it will clean it enough to remove the cigarette odor.

I'd back a fabric softener sheet in it or turn it inside out and hang it outside to air out. Might not work but that's probably what I'd try first.

If the other suggestions are not enough, try wadding up dry newspaper, fill the purse and let it sit for a week. I have also heard that fresh coffee grounds might also work. I would try folding the coffee grounds in a sheet of newspaper and close it with a piece of scotch tape. Put it in the purse and close it.

Leave for a week or two and see if that works.

You might also try putting a cotton ball with a little vanilla extract on it. Being careful not to get the cotton to wet, just place the cotton loosely in an open plastic bag.

Hope something helps, last resort try Coronado cherry car deodorizer, pull the pop top part way and close it inside the purse. Good Luck. GG Vi