AdviceBaby

Keep Baby Busy While Changing a Diaper

Keep your baby busy while you change their diaper! This is so easy. When my son was a baby, I would give him a toy to occupy him, making it easy to change the diaper. He had his mind on the toy, and it made my job a lot easier without all of that wiggling. Try it and see!

Source: My mother.

By Karen from Union, SC

Your mom's a smart lady. I used to do this with my four children at diaper-changing time. But I'd like to add something: Make sure the toy is secured to the baby's (or your) wrist, so it doesn't end up on the floor before the new diaper is firmly in place. This seems simple, but can save your trying to hold your little one on the changing table with one hand and trying to reach the dropped toy with the other.
Another plan is, keep a toy always tethered to the edge of the changing table.
A third plan is to mount a mobile above the changing table. Your little one will enjoy watching the mobile so much, he or she might not even think of wiggling!

Wish 'd thought of these when my kids were in diapers! Hope I've helped.