SewingCrafts

Make Your Own Training Pants

I am desperately looking for patterns and/or frugal ideas for training pants. I have a TON of gerber cloth diapers and would like to use them, but don't have a pattern or anything to guide me along my merry way. Please help!

Jennifer

Take a old pair of Training Pants and cut on each side so they will lay flat and place on a piece of newspaper and cut you a pattern Remember to allow extra as you cut around them for seam allowances. Remember to reinforce the Crotch area for extra absorption. Hope this will work for you. You need to measure the leg for the elastic and the waist.I'm asuming you sew so maybe this will help . I have cut many Patterns off of items I had . Just be sure to notice the constrution so you can put yours together the right. Always remember to cut large than the pattern for seam allowance. I would only do one pair to see if they fit and work as you like before cutting any more .I have never made Training pants just know how to get a pattern from something .

It's not making your own training pants, but I've heard this tip before. Buy a package of the "Little Swimmers" to use as training pants. If you turn them inside out you can wash them in the washing machine and reuse them! If you catch them at the end of the season some places such as Family Dollar marks them down to about $2 a pack!

If you want to use the Gerber pants you have just sew an extra soaker pad in the crotch. A better idea is to get the free pattern from Goodness Gracious and use it-- just don't use sweatshirt fleece!!