FurnitureCleaning

Smell From Animal Skin Table

Category Furniture

I just purchased a coffee table which was made in India. It has metal legs and the table top is some kind animal skin. The table was painted black. It started to smell the next day. I really want to get rid of this smell. What do I need to use for this?

Kari from San Diego.

Good luck. I would say that it was cured/tanned in such a way that this will be a normal "smell". Maybe put it into an air conditioned room...like a porch OR take it back NOW while you still can.

We have many animal heads and skins in our home and none of them smell or have ever smelled...BUT I do remember getting a skin of some sort at a garage sale and it stank. Just the way they treated the skin when they tanned it we figured. Problem solved by: getting rid of it.