CarpetCleaning

Keeping Rugs Sweet Smelling

Are you paying expensive costs to professionally clean your expensive wool area rugs? We used to bring them in once or twice a year and pay $50 - $100 each time. Now I sprinkle them with Arm and Hammer Baking Soda on Vacuum Day. It absorbs all the odors. After vacuuming, my rug now smells like a fresh spring day and I only have to professionally clean them every few years.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

Sprinkle baking soda on rugs before going to bed and then vacuum it away the next morning and your house will smell nice and fresh!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Keeping Rugs Sweet Smelling

As much as I love Baking soda and I use it for many things a friend of mine who repairs vacuum cleaners etc. said that baking soda clogs up the parts in a vacuum and said it was the cause of many repairs! Just thought I'd pass it along and I really do use soda a lot so I'm not bad mouthing it at all! (04/27/2006)

By Yorkiemom2

Keeping Rugs Sweet Smelling

I had that happen to me too, Airing out the room (unless pet/kid accident of course) is always the best to go, but febreeze works great, and Clorox makes a cheaper version. I have heard from others not to use fabric softener/water, because the residue will attract dirt! (04/27/2006)

By Kelly