Mini Greenhouses Made From Water Jugs

I use large, clear, round plastic water jugs from the grocery store as greenhouses. I cut them with a coping saw and leave a small attached area. I put the seeds inside in proper soil and close the top. I leave the lid on the bottle in early spring. I put these in a sunny area during the day and at night they come inside.

Once they can be left outside, I remove the little lid on the top half and they continue to protect the new seedlings. You need to avoid the center of the bottle and you need at least 4 inches of soil so that the plants can survive until they are transplanted. Good for the environment because you can reuse these year after year.

By Barbara W. from Ewing, NJ

A pic would have been helpful. I would of liked to see a picture of where and how you cut the jug.

Home and Garden Gardening SeedsSeptember 2, 2011
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf94243643.tip.html