BathroomCleaning

Tub Stained From Non-skid Strips

When we bought our home the tub had dark stains in it from them having those non-skid strips applied to it. Is there anyone that can tell me how to remove these stains? I have tried soft scrub and ajax, as well as comet and bleach and had no luck. I tried them all separately and didn't mix them with anything but water. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to everyone!

LilHoneyBrat from MN

Is there still adhesive residue in the tub?? Try Goo Gone

I have been told that cream of tarter and a little elbow grease works wonders. I haven't tried yet as I have had success with just pinsole. Give it a whirl and let us know if it works.

Sally

I had the same thing. Get the adhesive off with goo gone. Then I used a Mr. Clean eraser and the dark stain came right off. Mr. Clean eraser is amazing on so many things.

Had great success with those new "Magic" sponges..they "dissolve" so you may need more than one.

Had similar problem and tried everything, including covering the bottom of the tub with bleach... no luck. Then the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers came out.... they work! I'm a Realtor, and I now give each of my new listings a box of these to spot clean the whole house! Try it!

Bar Keeper's Friend! Check out their website: http://barkeepersfriend.com Mix as a paste, toothbrush on, wait five minutes, rinse with water, and wipe dry to check area. It might take a few application for results depending on the stain. It can scratch so don't over brush. This product is a polisher also. It is my household cleaner. I use it on fiberglass, glass, stainless steel, copper, brass, porcelin sink and tubs, etc. You will be amazed at the results! You can also try Walmart. Some of them carry it. I have also seen it at Raley's. Good luck. :)

I used spray starch, and it dissolved the residue with only a little scrubbing with a paper towel.