General PurposeCleaning Supply Recipes

Homemade Sudsy Ammonia

Can someone please give me a recipe to make sudsy ammonia? I've been everywhere in Houston and can't find it anywhere. I don't know what it's made out of, but so many recipes are offered here that you must have sudsy ammonia among them.

Thank you.

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Have you tried calling your larger Supermarkets there in Houston and ask if they have it in stock?A Super Wal Mart perhaps? I looked on several sites and was unable to find a recipe for"homemade". I hope you find some because I make most of my cleaners and ammonia is one of them.

According to wikihow, it's clear ammonia (1/3 cup), dash of dish soap, in quart bottle of water. It states "Always add ammonia to water, not the other way around"

http://www.wiki  leaning-Solution

Anonymous

Thank you, Im trying to use a natural deicer.

I have the same problem in New York I have an elderly dog takes Lasycs for his heart medication and he pees all over the place. The best thing for it is sudsy ammonia I can't find it in supermarkets, Walmart, Walgreens I've looked in New York and I looked in Florida.

I can't find it so I really appreciate the recipe. I am going to make it thank you we do use wee wee pads but he misses some times or drags it on his paws.

Try janitorial supply places. Forget doing a recipe. Really.

Yours, a sudsy ammonia user

I have used it added to the washing machine for smelly washcloths. Works well but once I used up my supply, have not been able to find it again.

Anonymous

spent an hour call around here in Illinois... it seems no one makes it anymore... I called the company for Parson and BoPeep... sold the formula to a company called Armaly, they do not make the sudsy. Had one bottle with a little in it and called the information on the back and that company that distributed it is going out of business and they gave me the packaging company and they tell me the centrella brand stopped make it..

so I guess no one makes it anymore!!!! HOW SAD AFTER 50+ YEARS OF USE THAT A PRODUCT THAT WORKS NO LONGER IS MADE

I found a gallon of sudsy ammonia at the Dollar Tree, here in San Antonio, TX

We bought a whole case of that soapy ammonia from Dollar Tree. The label says "LA's TOTALLY AWESOME LEMON AMMONIA Sudsy Detergent. Even used full strength (not recommended by the manufacturer) it's extremely weak and sadly doesn't even begin to work the way the original Parsons Sudsy Ammonia did.

On the flip side we also bought a case of LA's orange degreaser/spot remover and LOVE IT!