WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Cricket

I was working in my garden one day watering plants and cleaning off leaves that were scattered all over my picnic table. While I cleaned it off I noticed a little visitor, a cricket, that was watching me. I though it would be a great picture, it seemed the cricket was posing for his picture.

By Belen

The kids that live down the hill from me ran up here with this cricket that they found in their yard one morning. They know I like taking pictures, so I slapped on my close up lens, and took a series of them using the multi-burst feature. (Digital) The focus is pretty good, I must say. And the cricket is lovely!

By Leigh

Wildlife: Cricket

Answers:

Wildlife: Cricket

I've always loved seeing small things up close. The details are incredible. (07/27/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Cricket

A beautiful picture, but I think that is a grasshopper. Crickets are fatter and not so long, and they are black. (07/27/2010)

By drmeidl

Wildlife: Cricket

Grasshopper. (07/27/2010)

By rasta

Wildlife: Cricket

Grasshopper - can't you see that all-knowing smirk on his face! He is thinking about all those nice new plants he can eat!

Really neat up close - thanks for the photo. (07/27/2010)

By cybergrannie

Wildlife: Cricket

Awesome! Great pic. (07/27/2010)

By druidana

Wildlife: Cricket

Excellent photo! Thanks for sharing it with us :-) (07/27/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Cricket

While there are different kinds of crickets (we have both black and brown ones where I live), this is a grasshopper. I'm sure that it was just a Freudian slip or you were doing too many things at once and weren't thinking. However, what a great picture! One of my cats that I used to own would eat these. We'd find him chomping away with the hind legs hanging out of his mouth. I've read that cats often eat them, but leave the hind legs because they have rough hooks on them that would stick to the cat's throats, making it impossible for them to swallow, the body is simply pure protein. (07/27/2010)

By susanmajp