Lizard Photos and Information

Category Wildlife
There are many different kinds of these reptiles that come in all sizes, that can make interesting photography subjects. This page contains lizard photos and information.

These arboreal lizards are found in the southeastern United States. The red or orange color is exhibited by the males during mating season. This is a guide about Plestiodon laticeps, commonly known as redheaded lizards (broad-headed skinks).

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

A photogenic lizard, warming himself in the sun.

By Barb

Lizard on barbed wire fence post.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 19

Here is a baby lizard my sister-in-law and I saved from her swimming pool in France. We were watching it frantically look for its mother before it fell into the pool. We scooped it out and waited for Mama Lizard to come find it. After a good five minutes, she showed up! It was such a sweet reunion!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Baby Lizard Being Held in Hand

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This was taken here in Pixiepods Garden, Tenerife. I love how they blend into their surroundings. I find that now some of them take on their own personalities. I have a different species that lives in my hut and a much smaller one, again a different kind again, that likes to eat bits of my gluten free chocolate chip cookies.

By Margaret

Lizard on concrete wall.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

On Mother's Day, this "Skink" lizard was discovered on our living room wall. Of course, it is a "good" lizard as it eats bugs! My family chased it around the living room until they caught it in a box and released it outdoors..

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Here is my friend Henry the gecko! He is 1 of many around our yard. He always hangs around our covered porch. He is so smart, he hangs around my pots and hanging baskets for comfort and sometimes food.

He loves our house thermometer. He loves to eat all the insects that try to take over our garden!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Saw this little dude outside of my shop. I ran inside, got the camera and started snapping away. The photos came out awesome, in my opinion. Hope you enjoy.

By Sylvia

Wildlife: Lizard

Wildlife: Lizard

Answers:

Wildlife: Lizard

He was a polite little fellow to pose so nicely. We used to have some nice lizards in the yard when we lived in TX and KY; not so many in PA. We love to see them when we hike! (09/15/2010)

By Jill

I snapped this picture one day of a lizard sunning him/herself on the garden fence. I love animals and nature, and am always looking for an opportunity to photograph beautiful things. We love lizards in our garden, they eat lots of bad bugs. :-)

By one.of.a.kind

Wildlife: Lizard (Alabama)

A couple of years ago I was sitting on my porch and noticed a couple of lizards running up and down the porch columns. I ran and got my camera and just took this one picture before they scrambled away. I just had gotten the camera and couldn't believe how great the picture came out

By xintexas

Wildlife: Lizard

My husband and I were hiking Bandy Creek Trail at Big South Fork National Park in Oneida, TN when I came across this little fellow. He was on the move until as we were walking by and he caught my eye. He apparently liked having his photo taken because I was able to sit down right near him and photograph him without him scurrying away.

By lovingnature

Wildlife: Lizard