Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

There are several household products that that be used to remove stains. This is a page about using hydrogen peroxide as a stain remover.

For several years now, I have been buying hydrogen peroxide by the bottle. When I get a stain on clothing, I lay the clothing on the counter, pour peroxide on the stain, rub in, and after a few hours wash as usual. The stain comes right out. The only thing I don't put hydrogen peroxide on is pure silk clothing. I have used it on suede shoes. Apply hydrogen peroxide, rub with a brush several times, and let air dry. You might have to do this a few times because shoes get really dirty, but it makes mine look new again. Hydrogen peroxide works for wine, blood, and can be used on your carpets too! Let me know what you think.

By marlene from Sun City West, AZ

All you need is peroxide and a q-tip. Pour a little peroxide into the cap and dip the qtip in it so it's saturated then dab it onto the stain you are trying to get out! This works on anything, even dried up blood. It will not take the color out of the fabric that you are using it on!

A short cut and very inexpensive tip for cleaning stains on a carpet is to get a bottle of peroxide at Walmart or any other store and put a spray nozzle on it. Every time you get a stain, or spot on a carpet, spray the peroxide on it. Wait about ten minutes then take warm water with any dish liquid that has lemon in it and blot up. The spot will be gone.

It's cheap and it works on blood if you spray the peroxide on immediately. The blood will just disappear, you can imagine what it does for any stains with color. You do have to try and get the stain early. if you let the peroxide sit it on an older stain, it may lighten the spot rather than remove. Just remember to also use dish liquid or soap powder with lemon. The peroxide is the best. I have six children, two dogs and a cat and lots of parties and spills at the house but the carpet looks great.

Good Luck!

Source: First Aid Class taught me the peroxide will remove the blood and disinfect it

By karen from Edgewood, MD

Answers:

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

Brilliant! Thanks for tip. (10/13/2009)

By Michelle

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

For pet stains I used it straight from the bottle and used a soft brush to scrub it. I then soaked it up with paper towel. These were stains that were there for a long time. It also removed the smell. The rug looks and smells so much better. (10/15/2009)

By Judy

Since I intend to use hydrogen peroxide as a stain remover, what is the strength of the peroxide I should use?

Nadia

Answers:

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

You can use the hydrogen peroxide either full-strength or diluted to half-strength (half water, half hydrogen peroxide). Since less is more, we recommend always starting with half-strength and adding more if necessary. Pour your hydrogen peroxide solution onto the stain and allow it to soak for 30 minutes. Launder on cool and air dry. If the stain remains, soak it for another 30 minutes in a stronger solution (more hydrogen peroxide).

(09/19/2008)

By Linda

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

I use hydrogen peroxide in my rug shampooer instead of rug shampoo. I just use the same amount instead of rug cleaner. (09/20/2008)

By Beth

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

I listened to the advice and used 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water in a spray bottle to get chocolate off a load of whites and colors that had been dried on high heat. Chocolate melted all over everything. 2 and a half hours of spot treatment and scrubbing later all my daughters Abercrombie shirts and sweatshirts made it! Thanks for the advice and for saving me a bundle on replacing designer duds! I used the remaining amount in the spray bottle in the washer too. Worked great. (02/20/2009)

By Regina

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Stain RemoversAugust 16, 2016
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf965417.tip.html