Clean Fridge And Freezer Interior With Peroxide

Category Appliances
Peroxide is a good alternative to baking soda for cleaning your fridge and freezer. This page contains the details for using this cleaning method.

For years I've used baking soda to clean inside my refrigerator and freezer. I've found something I think I like better. Peroxide.

Baking soda does a very good job of cleaning the fridge and leaves it odorless. But, there's always the residue to wipe away.

I keep a very small spray bottle of peroxide at the sink. I spray the faucet and handles with it as they can grow mold due to constant moisture.

Today, I got the bright (?) idea of using peroxide to clean my freezer. A few squirts from my little bottle and a quick wipe and I'm done. No residue to wipe away. I like.

3%, 10 volume, $1.00 qt. at Dollar tree

Oh, I also like the 3 pack of little travel bottles from Dollar Tree. Two are flip top and one is a spray bottle as shown here.

Top Comment

Peroxide needs to be in a dark container. Cover it with foil or duct tape. It reacts with light and ceases being peroxide.

I do have spray bottles of peroxide under every sink. I use it frequently, but had not thought of my fridge or freezer. Thanks.

Never thought of using peroxide, always used baking soda. Thanks for the great info!!!

Come to think of it, it might be better than soda in another way. Soda is abrasive. I guess if you rubbed enough you would eventually dull the plastic interior. Peroxide wouldn't do that.

You're right, light and heat and any contaminant will cause peroxide to degrade. I go through these 2 oz bottles so quickly, it hardly matters.

I do keep the brown quart 'refill' bottle in the fridge.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesAugust 17, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓