AppliancesCleaning

Clean Fridge And Freezer Interior With Peroxide

Vote for this contest contender!

For years I've used baking soda to clean inside my refrigerator and freezer. I've found something I think I like better. Peroxide.

Baking soda does a very good job of cleaning the fridge and leaves it odorless. But, there's always the residue to wipe away.

I keep a very small spray bottle of peroxide at the sink. I spray the faucet and handles with it as they can grow mold due to constant moisture.

Today, I got the bright (?) idea of using peroxide to clean my freezer. A few squirts from my little bottle and a quick wipe and I'm done. No residue to wipe away. I like.

3%, 10 volume, $1.00 qt. at Dollar tree

Oh, I also like the 3 pack of little travel bottles from Dollar Tree. Two are flip top and one is a spray bottle as shown here.

Never thought of using peroxide, always used baking soda. Thanks for the great info!!!

Come to think of it, it might be better than soda in another way. Soda is abrasive. I guess if you rubbed enough you would eventually dull the plastic interior. Peroxide wouldn't do that.

Peroxide needs to be in a dark container. Cover it with foil or duct tape. It reacts with light and ceases being peroxide.

I do have spray bottles of peroxide under every sink. I use it frequently, but had not thought of my fridge or freezer. Thanks.

You're right, light and heat and any contaminant will cause peroxide to degrade. I go through these 2 oz bottles so quickly, it hardly matters.

I do keep the brown quart 'refill' bottle in the fridge.

Great idea. I never thought of using Peroxide for cleaning the refrigerator but I can see that it would be a good product for that purpose. I will certainly try it.

I keep some in a spray bottle all the time for cleaning spots on the carpet. I just spray it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes and then wipe it up. It removes the spot and does not harm the carpet.