AdviceCrafts

Crafts Using Thick Vinyl Material

Does anyone have any craft ideas for using up vinyl covered fabric, like you would use for upholstery. I have lots of this stuff, I meant to recover my couch cushions with it but I don't have enough in the same color to do that. I'd love to use it up, in crafts, even sewing crafts. Any ideas? I have black, orange-red, and brown. It's really thick material. Thank you.

Jennifer from Oregon

Hi there from Australia.
I used the vinyl to make covers for phone books, bibles and tins for pens. You could also make knee pads for gardening. I hope that helps. Manny from Ausyland

Does the fabric match your furniture? You could build an ottoman out of plywood and cover it with the heavy vinyl. We just built a basic plywood box, covered it in fabric and put brass wheels on it. We made sure the height of it would be the same as the sofa.
Sandy/Pittsburgh

Thank you for the tips. :) love the ottoman idea! I have some material a little darker than my couch but close. That just might work :) Love the book covers idea too :) Thank you :)

This may sound strange but I remember they used to make vinyl dresses back in the 60s.

I am a crafter of many kinds and love to recycle if I can. I would make coasters and maybe a bulletin board with the extra vinyl. Have fun and a great day.

Placemats, table runner, wall panels