Paint a Village of Rocks

Category Decorations
Select rocks of various shapes and sizes. Paint them to create your own unique village to decorate your garden or home. This is a guide about paint a village of rocks.

I no longer spend lots of cash on plants and flowers which get battered by the wind and burnt by the salt air. I add colour and fun by painting rocks and developing a village much to the delight of neighbours and friends who visit. I sprayed the rocks white to give me a canvas to paint on with acrylic paint and the shape of the rock determines whether it will be a house, shop, car or animal.

By Isobel from Scotland

By gloria (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Well done! I paint turtles, toads, and frogs on rocks (idea found in a craft book), now I'd like to use your idea to give them a village to live in. Thanks for the lovely photo. Here's a picture of one of my frogs. I did this one over ten years ago, so they hold up quite nicely with a coat or two of clear lacquer.

~gloria
western NY

By Edith (Guest Post)

That is so beautiful!

What an adorable little village you have created - I love it! and... what a beautiful back drop too!

What a wonderful idea!! And a beautiful picture! I live in Canada....in a big city in the middle of the prairies....all flat and grass and trees....beautiful, but your place is stunning!!!!