Health & Beauty

Purchase a Bottle of Flaxseed Oil

It is available at your local Whole Foods or natural foods store and use it to dress your salads. Since you need one tablespoonful a day, if you don't use it all as salad dressing, use it on hot vegetables or in your morning oatmeal. Saves money on salad dressing and also boosts your heart health!

By April Womanheart

There is actually a cereal called "Uncle Sam," and this cereal is made with whole wheat flakes and lots of whole flax seeds. You can usually find it in most grocery stores, or health food stores. I found it at a military commissary. Flax seeds can also be purchased in bulk at Whole Foods or other health food stores. More and more regular grocery stores are starting to carry them, too. Flax seeds are delicious sprinkled on salads, cereal or virtually any other place. You can also grind them up in a food processor and add them to any recipe. Flax seeds are an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids -- especially for people who aren't willing to eat the types of fish that are high in these important nutrients.

I take a flax seed capsule every day and also give to my daughter. It's a good source of Omega but not as good as fish oil; however I can't tolerate that too well. It repeats on me for one thing! Anyway, I bought some in liquid form and it tastes really nasty so can't imagine putting that on a salad. Taking the gelcap is just easier. It is helpful for many things but does help brain function and is antiinflammatory.

Thanks for the tip...Im a veggie & wouldnt take fish oil capsules..so much appreciated - I havent heard this before