HealthDogs

Dog Has an Upset Stomach

My old dog got sick to her stomach this morning. Is there something I can do for her to make her feel better?

By Judy Cox

Pepto Bismol is good for settling their stomachs. Just be sure and adjust the dosage to her weight. I've had many vets tell me this.

Pepcid is good for vomiting in dogs. 10 mg for sm/med dogs and 20 mg for lrg dogs. up to twice daily. (I work at an animal hospital) Pepto is ok however it has a substance related to aspirin and in some cases aspirin can cause stomach irritation in dogs. Which in turn could cause vomiting.

Pepcid is good for vomiting in dogs. 10 mg for sm/med dogs and 20 mg for lrg dogs. up to twice daily.

(I work at an animal hospital) Pepto is ok however it has a substance related to aspirin and in some cases it can cause irritation in dogs.