Dandelion Tea Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
May 18, 2015
Did you know that dandelion tea is considered an herbal tonic? It helps purify and detoxify the blood, and is useful for myriads of things including acne and constipation. It is also known to have laxative and diuretic properties.
You can purchase dried dandelions on-line and at health food stores, or you can simply pick them fresh from your own backyard for free!
Total Time: hour
Yield: 2 cups
Source: Inspired by pinterest
- 2 cups loosely packed dandelion blossoms
- boiling water
- honey to taste
- Go pick your dandelions. They really are beautiful!
- I actually blow on and agitate the the flower with my finger to remove any debri. I find that rinsing does very little to clean them, as they close up pretty quickly when in contact with water. The boiling water kills germs too! This is a very time consuming process, but well worth the effort.
- Trim the blossom as close as you can to the petals. A bit of green won't hurt. Every part of the plant is edible anyways. Scissors work great for this.
- Loosely pile your desired amount of flower heads in a heat proof cup. I chose to fill a 2 cup measuring cup and cover the flowers with boiling water. I let it steep for about 10 minutes. This may be a bit strong for first-timers. Just experiment with dandelion blossom amounts.
- Be sure to strain out your petals. I added honey to sweeten it up. Now enjoy and just think about all those health benefits!
May 27, 20151 found this helpful
The dandelion leaves can be used for salads (the flowers too!) and the roots can be used for medicinal purposes. Every bit of the 'weed' can be used, even the stalks.
I sampled candied Dandelions at a craft fair several years ago...yum-o! I didn't buy it though... she wanted $20 for a half pint of candied dandelion flowers!
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 157 Feedbacks
June 20, 20210 found this helpful
ooh-just my cup of(dandelion)tea!Im definately going to make this- thanks for the idea and recipe-I could do with a tonic! xx
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.