ClothingCrafts

Foldable, No Sew Hat?

Does anyone have a pattern for a foldable, no sew hat? It is a circle with slits that radiate from the inside of the brim to within an inch or so of the top center circle. It lies flat until placed on your head, then pops up.

Thanks,
Mary from Cedar Creek

By Judy from Texas (Guest Post)

Mary, the directions for this hat are in a book titled Sew & Go, by Jasmine Hubble. It even contains a template for the swirled cuts. I made one and modelled it at our local American Sewing Guild fashion show a few years ago. This book has a lot of good ideas for travel sewing items. I bought mine at Half Price Books (love that store!) for 1/4 of the publisher's price.

By Mary from Cedar Creek (Guest Post)

Thank you so much, I am in Arkansas so I don't know if we have those stores, but at least I have a lead. Thanks a million.This was a 2 for 1 answer, I love books, any and all,

By Judy from Texas (Guest Post)

My pleasure, Mary. Hope you can find it.