Help With Basic Audio Visual Connections?

Does anyone know how to hook up a DVD/VCR if you only have the basic coax cable? I am talking about the one that has the in and out. They are making all of the DVDs with the one. I finally learned how to use the DVD side of my recorder and I am looking for another one, but Magnavox does not have what I need anymore.

By Brenda from Columbia, SC

I returned my Magnavox machine because of this. The only way I managed to hook it up, in the meantime, was to plug my cable TV (coax cable) into an old VCR, then use RCA cables (video and audio in/out) to connect the VCR to the DVD recorder. If you have an old VCR lying around, even if the VCR doesn't work, at least you can use it for this purpose.

I'm guessing there's some sort of converter out there, which would serve the same purpose. But IMHO, it's pretty crazy for manufacturers of DVD recorders not to have an input jack for coax cables, being that cable TV uses them!

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large)February 13, 2011
🐛
😷
📓
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf99151130.tip.html

Electronics (Large)Repair