Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber

Category Fabric
Tree sap can show up in the most unexpected places after a visit to the woods. This guide is about removing tree sap on microfiber.

I recently discovered a small spot on our couch that appeared to be pine sap from our kids playing outside. Using a cotton ball, I dabbed and gently rubbed rubbing alcohol onto the spot. It very quickly started to disappear. I then let the couch dry. There was a slight water ring type spot left behind that came off easily with a baby wipe. Now there is no sign of any pine sap being on the couch. Yay!

By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This short video shows you a before and after shot of treating a tree sap stain on microfiber with rubbing alcohol. View the full project here: Removing Pine Pitch From Microfiber

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Sap dripped off a piece of wood (2 x 4) board onto our new microfiber couch. How can we remove the spots?

By Sandy from Lake Havasu, AZ

How do I clean Christmas tree sap (resin) from a microfiber sofa? The Christmas tree fell on top of the microfiber upholstered sofa and when some of the branches broke it drained sap on the sofa and stained it. How do I remove the stains without creating water rings?

Sandra from Fort Myers, FL

Tree Sap on Microfiber

Have you tried a nail polish remover, probably the non acetone one. (11/29/2006)

By amy nicoll

Tree Sap on Microfiber

I had the same problem. A book recommended glycerin. Don't bother. Use the rubbing alcohol. It worked immediately. (12/13/2006)

By Jacquie