GraduationGifts

Graduation Basket Ideas

Category Graduation

My ex-boyfriend and good friend is graduating from high school soon and I want to get him a basket and fill it with all sorts of things. The problem is I don't really know what to get him and I'm running out of money. I've already made him some mix tapes and gotten some stuff from his favorite TV shows and put that stuff in, I just want to put a lot more in and make it really special.

Kat From Ohio

Hi there I just happen to work in a school system and have seen some of these before and you can always add candy along with 5$ blockbuster card or food cards and also a pairs of socks such as school colors and a disposable camera to catch all the memories from that day hope it helps. Ps. you may also add in there some old photos of yall if you have any it will bring back memories for sure.

It may sound trite but, men always need socks and underwear! They're inexpensive and always appreciated. Typical gifts for graduating Srs are things geared toward college: alarm clocks, monogrammed things to remember you by:money clips, wallets, keychains. If these are too expensive, look for free promotional keychains with tools on them: a small pocket knife, a bottle opener etc. These can be found at thrift stores for a dollar or two. He'll be reading a lot if he goes to college so one of those "itty bitty book lites" is a good git and considerate of his room mate. Also book marks come in vast varieties and are inexpensive and useful, as are Pens, Pencils & small notebooks. If he doesn't already, he will probably start drinking coffee soon. Coffee mugs are cheap and come in many, many designs. You can fill them with some of his favorite candy or small bags of flavored coffee from your local coffee store or, less expensively, from the grocery store. If he's going "away" to college, some small food items to keep in his dorm room would be useful: cup o noodles, tuna/cracker lunch paks, slim jim/cheese snacks, a jar of peanut butter etc... I was just imagining all the things that I wanted or took away to college when I went, don't think things have changed all that much. Hope these suggestions are helpful to you! You're a good friend to put so much thought into a "basket" gift - so much better than a shirt or tie!

Hit the dollar store and/or Big Lots

For my brother and his wife this past Christmas I bought a wicker basket at Wal-Mart and then went to The Dollar Tree (where everything is a dollar-it doesn't get any better than that!!) and I bought all kinds of snacks and candy. They loved it!!!

How thoughtful of you. How about gift certificates( usually $5 or more if you so choose) to local fast food places or local theaters.

Put in mini bags of junk food and candy bars.

This past week I have been working on graduation gifts! Two of the beset baskets I have came up with was a laundry basket with hangers, detergent, softner, it looks relly nice and I know it will be something they can use. I also have a friend that is leaning toward becoming and chef so i got her a mixing bowl, oven mit, a hand towel, and flippers and large spoons!

My friend taught me an idea that has worked for me repeatedly: laundry detergent, coupons for the same , a laundry bag and directions for "How to". I like to throw in cedar blocks for the closet and some baking soda or cat litter with directions on how to get rid of smelly sneaker stink - not romantic - but their roommate will love you!