Accent Wall Paint Color Advice

I have brown furniture, 3 of my walls are a deep wine color. What would be the best color for the 4th wall? I was thinking a lighter tan. Also what accents would you recommend? I have a large window on the wall I want to paint a light color and a smaller window on one of the wine colored walls. Any recommended curtains would be appreciated?
Thanks.

The tan is nice, but you might also like a light color in the wine family. Go to the paint store. They have strips with a color family. There will be five or more colors on the strip, ranging from lightest to darkest. The work is done for you! I would have accents with any of the colors on the strip.

I would do a lighter shade of the wine color. I would also use that color in some throw pillows for the furniture.

I'm sure you are looking for something to brighten or lighten the "mood" of the room so it seems it would be good to go for lighter shades of your already present colors.

I like using the color swatches from the paint store but these are sometimes difficult to see from a distance and what a large area wall would look like. I have seen many colors "change" as soon as they hit the wall.

Usually experienced paint store employees will offer suggestions and sometimes they have very good perception. Also, they may be very good at making a special color - just for you. Please remember, even if you buy a mixed color, it can still be returned if it does not look like you thought it would.

Maybe a bight beige with a hint of rose/wine?

Here is a very good site for a wide range of colors - maybe you could get a better idea of what is available.

http://www.colo  color-names.html

You mentioned having 2 windows but did not say what color curtains - or - will those have to be bought also? Take that into consideration when picking your wall color.

That's the problem I picked the wall color before anything else then my boyfriend went out and bought brown furniture which I don't like with the deep wine but I refuse to get rid of the paint I like . The Room isn't that large only maybe 16x17 I think. Which is the reason I want to go with a tan I. The forth wall. One to match the furniture and two the room is small. Still need to purchase curtains lol.

A VERY light gray would be a good neutral. Wallpaper is in the top 10 trends for 2017 but mainly I would seek out a rug first with your wine in it. When you find a rug you can pull color ideas from there. However, if you have carpet you may have to pull your colors from the curtains and decorative throw pillows. You can also buy a light colored slipcover for the couch that matches your accent wall. With wine I can only imagine beige, light gray, khaki, sand or wallpaper.

Actually the wall that I need to paint is a light grey and I love it with the deep wine but it just doesn't look good with the brown furniture at all. I can't cover the furniture it's brand new lol . I think maybe a light tan wall and accent the furniture with pillows and throws to match the room . I think I found curtains..thanks for your input:)

painting accent wall
Accent Wall Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 9, 2017
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 9:12:56 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.