Add Rice To Avoid Clumping in Shakers

Today someone requested a tip for keeping salt and pepper shakers and sugar flowing. Put some rice in the shakers and it will keep the salt and pepper and sugar flowing. I do it and it works.

By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario

Answers:

Add Rice To Avoid Clumping in Shakers

Rice is great for salt and pepper but use a soda cracker in your sugar. That is what we did in our cafe. (09/25/2008)

By rosemarie

Add Rice To Avoid Clumping in Shakers

I had forgotten all about this tip! When I was in my early 20's I worked at a restaurant on a lake serving Sunday brunch for extra money. The restaurant did this because of the moisture from the lake water in the air. Anyway, one morning a woman called me to her table and loudly and indignantly scolded me for maggots in the salt :-o I wanted to die of embarrassment! I was trying to explain it was rice but couldn't get a word in during her rant. God Bless the older gentleman at a table next to her who got her attention, opened the lid on his salt, dumped some out on the table and put a few pieces of rice in his mouth! LOL! (09/25/2008)

By Deeli

Add Rice To Avoid Clumping in Shakers
salt shaker
Keeping Salt from Clumping in the Shaker
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎄