Advice for Bathing a Dog

What is the best way to bathe our new Corgi/Beagle mix named Ruby? How often? Is it OK to mist with lavender? Rub with lavender? Rub with rosemary?

I have a 4 year old dachshund that I was bathing about every 2 weeks. My vet said "don't do that". He said don't bath him unless he stinks. Too much bathing dries out their skin. But now he's not used to being bathed and he's smart enough to know when I start to bath him that he runs and hides under the bed. So now I take him to a groomer every now and them to get him bathed when they files his nails. He comes out smelling good and they spray him with something; I think it may be lavender but I'm not sure.

Bathing the Family Dog
Giving a Dog a Bath
Pets Dogs GroomingMay 30, 2011
Sweaty Body Odor
Remedies for Body Odor
Taking a hot bath.
Making Bath Cookies
Grooming Your Dog, Cocker puppy in a tub with a rubber duckie.
Grooming Your Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog