Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

What are all the things you can do with a dryer sheet?

By Holly from Lancaster, WI

Answers:

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

You can put a dryer sheet in your pocket and it will keep bugs away from you. (05/13/2010)

By Suntydt

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Hang them on an outside bush or tree, so the moose will be less likely to eat your shrubs and trees. (05/13/2010)

By Birder2

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I have used them to stuff homemade pillows used in dog and cat beds. Then you can toss them in the laundry. They dry quickly, too. (05/14/2010)

By sawn61

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Clean paint brushes: Soak your used paintbrushes in warm water with a dryer sheet and that pesky latex paint will come off in under a minute. (05/14/2010)

By yoder178

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Suntydt, what a clever idea. I never heard of one, but am going to try it! I put a dryer sheet in my suitcase when I pack for a trip to keep my clothes smelling nice and put them under the seats of my car to keep my car smelling good, too. Also, for a quick tip on wrinkled clothes, toss them in the dryer with one for a quick wrinkle release if no time to iron. (05/14/2010)

By Amy3e

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I use two of them on my Swiffer as a dust mop, so I only have to buy one product (that is the cheaper one) and still get two uses out of it. (05/14/2010)

By Kathleen10

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I use dryer sheets to make my own "Febreze". Just put an unused dryer sheet into the spray bottle and let sit for couple of days and you have cheap homemade Febreze (05/14/2010)

By busymom9599

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I put a dryer sheet into my burned pots and let sit overnight and wipe out. Easier than scrubbing those burned pots and pans.

Also, I use dryer sheets for keeping bugs away. Stick one in your pocket with little bit hanging out and those bugs will leave you alone. (05/14/2010)

By busymom9599

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

The best use of a dryer sheet I have ever tried, is to place one in a baking pan that has burnt on, stuck on "gunk" leave it overnight with water in the pan, as well, and in the morning the "gunk" glides off. It is terrific! (05/14/2010)

By sebaldre

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Even after they've done their work in the dryer,
save them to clean the dryer vent of lint. They
work very well collecting every bit of the lint, then
just toss the lint in the yard for little birds to line
their nests with.

Used dryer sheets work great on dusty TV and
computer screens. There may be some screens
that we're not supposed to touch, but everything I
have is old so I can use them just fine.

If you have stinky feet, stuff a dryer sheet into
each sneaker or shoe and the shoes will smell
a lot nicer.

Keep fresh dryer sheets in the linen closet and
maybe one in your lingerie drawer. If I can find
dryer sheets which have a lavender fragrance, those
are the best of all.

If you have books that have gotten damp, dry them
out by placing used dryer sheets between pages.
Store books with fresh dryer sheets to retard mold.

Hope this helps. Julia in Boca Raton, FL

(05/14/2010)

By PookaRina

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Going over a pets coat is supposed to keep them from feeling the static from thunder and lightning, also at the gas station keep one in your pocket to reduce static, but still touch the steel frame of the car before pumping gas. I like them after they are used because they don't have lint on them.

Here are some more uses:

rd.com (05/15/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I put them inside my brother's shoes to control the stinkiness.

Put them in boxes and containers of items to be stored for awhile to control the stale odors that accumulated in them.

I don't use a mousepad and my mouse is wireless; I wipe down the hard surface of my desk with an used dryer sheet and it makes it easier to use my mouse. (05/15/2010)

By Juslilome

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Wet ones take bugs off of cars. Rub one on frizzy hair, poof all gone! Put in vacuum bags for fresh air when you clean. Keep one in bottom of trash cans, closets, luggage, etc. (06/04/2010)

By carmen857

Reusing Dryer Sheets, Cute snowmen made out of reused dryer sheets.
Reusing Dryer Sheets
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
🎄
🍂