Alternatives to Mayonnaise

If you are looking to reduce the fat in your diet, one place to start is to find an alternative to mayonnaise. This is a guide about alternatives to mayonnaise.

Sandwich with mayonnaise alternative.
Filter Sort

Tip: A Healthier Alternative To Mayo

By Holly 367 1,263

Instead of mayo, instead of Miracle Whip, I have found a healthier alternative. In short, I tried hummus at a restaurant, and it was excellent. It's basically beans. I bought a package that you reconstitute with cold water. I have used it as an alternative to the aforementioned spreads. It did better than OK. And it was healthy, not fat laden. By the way, the last time I was going to buy a lower cal version of Miracle Whip, I read the label. Transfatty acids! Naturally, I did not buy it! Phooey on them.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Substitute Sour Cream or Yogurt for Mayonnaise in Recipes

By Robyn 376 753

Sour cream and plain yogurt are great. These two items can be substituted for mayonnaise in recipes. Some don't like the ingredients or taste in mayonnaise. Greek Yogurt can also be used the same as a substitute for mayonnaise in recipes.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Yogurt Instead of Mayo in Potato Salad

By melody_yesterday 228 664

If you make potato salad but your "kids" or others don't like mayo try substituting the mayo with vanilla yogurt! My mother used to do this for me when I was in the "weight loss mode"! It was great!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsApril 26, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    alternatives to ebay
    Alternatives to eBay
    Burning brush in a backyard.
    Alternatives to Backyard Burning
    Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
    Alternatives to Having a Lawn
    Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
    Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:52:38 AM on 10.0.1.214 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost CommentsFewest CommentsRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings