Alternatives to Mayonnaise

If you are looking to reduce the fat in your diet, one place to start is to find an alternative to mayonnaise. This is a guide about alternatives to mayonnaise.

Sandwich with mayonnaise alternative.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 11, 2007 Flag

Instead of mayo, instead of Miracle Whip, I have found a healthier alternative. In short, I tried hummus at a restaurant, and it was excellent. It's basically beans. I bought a package that you reconstitute with cold water. I have used it as an alternative to the aforementioned spreads. It did better than OK. And it was healthy, not fat laden. By the way, the last time I was going to buy a lower cal version of Miracle Whip, I read the label. Transfatty acids! Naturally, I did not buy it! Phooey on them.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 30, 2013 Flag

Sour cream and plain yogurt are great. These two items can be substituted for mayonnaise in recipes. Some don't like the ingredients or taste in mayonnaise. Greek Yogurt can also be used the same as a substitute for mayonnaise in recipes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsApril 26, 2013
    A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
    Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
    Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
    Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes
    Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
    Alternatives to Having a Lawn
    Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:25:58 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 594 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.