Angel's Trumpet Photos

Category Flowers
Golden Angel's Trumpet
These pendulous fragrant flowers make an interesting addition to a garden. This is a guide about angel's trumpet photos.

This is a guide about datura photos. Datura is a genus containing several species of poisonous flowering plants.

Sacred Datura growing in the red sands of Utah

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
Mr Brugmansia says 'Good Morning'. I discovered this beauty at sunrise and wanted to share it with everyone.

Photo Location
North Carolina

Comment Like this photo? 3
Top Comment

DeBushe,

What with Brugmansia being grown in many parks and public gardens. Your alert should be taken seriously. An excerpt from Wikipedia notes:

"All parts of Brugmansia are poisonous, with the seeds and leaves being especially dangerous. Brugmansia are rich in Scopolamine (hyoscine), hyoscyamine, and several other tropane alkaloids. Effects of ingestion can include paralysis of smooth muscles, confusion, tachycardia, dry mouth, diarrhea, migraine headaches, visual and auditory hallucinations, mydriasis, rapid onset cycloplegia, and death."

Reply Like this photo? Yes

When I turned on the porch light one evening this gorgeous Angel Trumpet bloom caught my attention. It was even more spectacular at night than it was during the daytime. For the remainder of the plant's blooming period, I made it a point to go outside each evening to admire it.

By VeronicaHB

Pink and White Angel Trumpet Flower

Comment Like this photo? 3

Photo Description
These beauties are called "Angel Trumpet". It is easy to see why the angels chose these. The plants are native to South America. They require full sun and Miracle Grow.

The flowers give off a delicious scent at dusk and are showstoppers to all who pass by. The hummingbird feasts on the nectar but they are one of the World's Top 10 Deadliest plants. A good hand washing is in order after tending to the plant.

They have the ability to grow to 20 feet tall. I put them in a heated greenhouse for Winter and water as needed. One of the most enjoyable flowers I have had the honor of taking care of.

Photo Location
Luci and Terri's Garden in Lucy's yard, I take care of them Summer and Winter, in Tacoma, Washington. I am Lucy's friend and neighbor and her gardener as it has gotten hard for her in her wheelchair.

Comment Like this photo? 2

This is a angel trumpet bush, it blooms from July to here it is in late October. Don't know how long it will bloom. Last year it was in late November. The smell from this plant is wonderful. The plant, if eaten, is highly poisonous. So you need to keep kids and pets away.

By Madeline from Jacksonville, AL

angel trumpet bush

Comment Like this photo? Yes