Bald Eagle Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
Bald Eagle
These beautiful birds of prey are an American symbol of freedom. At the top of the bird food chain, these powerful raptors have keen eyesight, a powerful beak, and strong talons. This guide contains bald eagle information and photos.

For the past couple of years, Deeli and I have shared the web site for an eagle cam located in Norfolk Botanical Gardens in Norfolk, Virginia.

I have been watching the eagles for several years and each year has been different. This should be an even more exciting year to watch the eagles as sound has been added to the eagle cam.

I hope you will join us in watching the eagles. Deeli is better than I in telling all about the eagles so I hope she will be adding a lot of comments and sharing pictures from the web site.

By Litter Gitter from NC

Link: http://www.wvec.com/eaglecam

For the first time since 1947, a mated pair of Bald Eagles has nested in the U.S. National Arboretum (Washington, DC). The Eagles, named Mr. President and The First Lady recently hatched 2 eggs in March 2016. They even held a vote to name the babies, who are now known as Freedom and Liberty.

There are two 24-hour cameras (with night vision) installed near the nest, that offer a fun opportunity to see these baby Eagles grow up. If you have a few minutes, go check it out at the link below:

DC Eagle Cam

Here are a few more screen shots that I took on my phone. :)

If you would like to see and follow an eagle family raising their young, the Decorah eagle has laid an egg.

A Thriftyfun friend shared this website several years ago. It has a great closeup view of the nest and is so much fun to watch.

www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Link: www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Yesterday, as the snow was falling, my daughter captured this picture of a bald eagle out in our pastures. We live close to a lake and sometimes have counted up to 16 eagles at one time! They are beautiful and big.

By Brenda

Comment Like this photo? 56

My husband and I took our little baby girl to the zoo one afternoon and we went to the bird show, where I got this picture of an eagle in front of a hanging flag. I love how it turned out!

Source: Utah's Hogle Zoo!

By Stacey from West Jordan, UT

bald eagle

Comment Like this photo? 11

This is just one of the pictures shared with me from our son. They came from one of his best friends who loves to take pictures. Enjoy!

By applesauce

Comment Like this photo? 41

More delightful photos from my sister.

There were two baby eagles in the nest, and as they grew, both seemed quite healthy. One day my sister went to check on them and there was only one. They were nearing, but not near ready to fly.

She felt so bad, but had enjoyed watching and following their growth, as I did, vicariously, from nearly 3,000 miles away.

Source: My Sister who lives on Camano Island, WA

By ljf from Theodore, AL

Comment Like this photo? 7

Saying good-bye to a good friend

By Debra from Chelan, WA

Saying Goodbye (Bald Eagle)

Comment Like this photo? 1

This isn't exactly a pet photo but so appropriate for the Fourth of July. This was taken at the Jackson Bottom Wetland Preserve in Hillsboro, OR during the unveiling of the eagle's nest exhibit. This bald eagle is a resident of the Oregon Zoo in Portland. They also had a golden eagle and other raptors on display that day with handlers. They are truly beautiful in person, I had never been so close to one before.

If you are near the Portland area, here is a link to Jackson Bottom. It is a wonderful park and education center with lots of trails and information.

Jess in Portland

Bald Eagle (Jackson Bottom Wetland Preserve, Hillsboro, OR)

Comment Like this photo? 1

This bald eagle was perched on a barb wire fence right down the road from our house. I have seen lots of them here in Wyoming, but it is the first one I was able to photograph. My daughter was with me and was so excited to see it in person so close up!

Bald Eagle on a Snowy Day (Gillette, Wyoming)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

While walking along the Thames River, I noticed two Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles on High (Ontario)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I felt incredibly lucky to get this photo of an eagle in its nest while my husband and I were out driving around the countryside. The photo was taken near Stockton Lake in southwest Missouri.

By Noella

Wildlife: Eagle

Answers:

Wildlife: Eagle

Eagles are such regal creatures! Excellent photo! (05/07/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Eagle

What a wonderful photo! Yes, eagles are making a comeback. Last summer my husband and I were canoeing on the Huron river in Michigan and saw a Bald Eagle perched on a tree right at the river's edge. I could hardly believe my eyes. (05/07/2010)

By cherimoya

Wildlife: Eagle

We have a large yearly nesting area here in Tulsa, so my kids are used to(almost) seeing bald eagles. But I still find it amazing and awe inspiring to see them because you just didn't see them in the wild while I was growing up. This is a great shot,wish I could see one up close like that! (05/07/2010)

By lyonpridej

Wildlife: Eagle

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture. (05/08/2010)

By Happy05

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

An eagle I spotted, one of 4 that were perched in the back yard. What magnificent birds!

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Answers:

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

You are so lucky to be so close to these birds. Thanks for the picture. (12/30/2009)

By JillED

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

That! is cool. :) (12/30/2009)

By Suntydt

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

I've only seen one in the wild. What a treat to see 4! Stunning birds! Thanks for sharing this picture. Who took such a great shot? (01/01/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

Wow, thanks for the compliments, I took the shot, actually didn't think it was very good but couldn't get the eagle to move out of the way of the branch ;] Glad you enjoyed, Happy New Year! (01/01/2010)

By msburny

Wildlife: Bald Eagle (Cortland, OH)

Awesome photo! I've seen some in the area (Springboro, PA and down south of Meadville) but not in my yard yet (I'm in Monroe twp)! You are so fortunate to have them so close! And what a great shot! (01/02/2010)

By mbnorton59