Bandon, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide

Bandon is a coastal town in southern Oregon. It is known for its scenic beauty, beach activities, and golf courses. This page has tips, photos, and guides for traveling to Bandon, Oregon.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 8, 2012 Flag

At our new home in Bandon, my husband and I are lucky enough to be able to be in walking distance to pretty little Old Town, it's petite harbor, and even the beach!

The evening he surprised me with my new camera (best Christmas present ever!) we decided to take a stroll down to the harbor and check things out. While there, I saw one of the prettiest sailboats our harbor had ever been graced with! We hiked out onto the jetty for some shots of the seagulls and a lone heron.

After the stinker of a heron flew away without allowing me a single shot, I turned around and finally realized the most beautiful sunset blazing across the sky! It lit up the harbor and my tiny little town. The oranges, yellows, and reds seemed to have lit the sky on fire! I thought it made for an amazing sight behind my favorite sailboat's mast.

I hope you all had a very happy holiday season and a fun and safe New Year. I also hope God blesses you with a sunset at least as gorgeous as he blessed all of us here in Bandon with!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, Oregon

Sunset Sail, Bandon, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

January 13, 2012 Flag

Strolling down the shores of Beach Loop in Bandon, Oregon with my husband Brian the other night, I was amazed by the sheer power of the wind. Blowing so hard that we had to tuck our heads down and trudge slowly against it's never-ending gusts, we joked that it felt as if we were in the Arctic!

Sand swirling around us and waves crashing against the rock formations just-off shore, we felt as if we would freeze before we got to the other side of the famous Face Rock. I wanted to get to the other side before the sun set, to try to get a shot of the sun just above her mouth, as if she were drinking in the light.

When we finally reached a spot where the shore was dry enough to set down the tripod (in which my wonderful husband was kind enough to carry, even with the metal handle being SO cold), the sun was setting just behind her head. If you take a look at the rock behind the sun, you can make out a forehead, nose, open mouth, and chin - Face Rock. The colors were more than inspiring that evening and God set his sun to create a perfect halo above this lonely woman of the sea.

Our fingers were so frozen that we could hardly close our hands into fists as we made our way back to our car, but the sunset was more than worth the trip! These memories created during my photography adventures, mixed with the jaw-dropping sights God gives us during them, make my life all the better. As CS Lewis may put it, they're "unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival." This is actually from a quote of his about friendship, but it makes me think of these journeys, as well.

Have a blessed week, everyone!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Beautiful sunset over ocean at Face Rock in Bandon, Oregon

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

November 10, 2011 Flag

The sky was sunny and bright and my husband and I knew we didn't want to stay inside, so we decided to explore a "new" area! We hopped in the car and headed towards the little tourist town of Bandon, Oregon. Here, we made our way to Beach Loop Drive, a curvy, paved road with multiple beach access entrances. We parked at a high view point and took the windy stairs down to the long, slender shoreline below. We were most definitely not disappointed!

On the shore, we were able to explore a small cave, see many of our Lord's gorgeous rock structures. We reflected on how long they may have been sitting there, everything they have seen in their lifetime; if only rocks could speak!

After making our way through a natural arch between two large rocks, we found ourselves at yet another gorgeous scene. We were at the home of Face Rock! Unfortunately, you cannot see her in this shot, but these are the three rocks leading out to Face Rock, which looks like someone's face looking up into the heavens. I loved the way the waves rolled out far enough for the sun to beat down upon the rocks and shine a gorgeous reflection of them just below. It truly was a gorgeous sight to see and I wish I could have shared it with all of you. May God bless your eyes with more magnificent wonders!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Face Rock Silhouette Reflections in Bandon, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

June 26, 2012 Flag

I can still remember walking the beaches of the Oregon Coast with my husband, Brian, all those many nights on the Oregon Coast. If was my favorite place on earth during my favorite, most colorful hour.

Oregon Sunrise (Bullards Beach, Bandon, OR)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 15, 2011 Flag

About a month ago, my husband and I moved to the lovely little tourist town of Bandon, OR. We feel so blessed to be in our sweet little community, located only minutes from many beautiful beaches! Being curious about our new area, we decided to head down to Beach Loop to pick a random view point, hike on down, and explore the shoreline.

Sun shinning through clouds on rocky shore.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 29, 2012 Flag

Moving to Bandon, Oregon is the absolute best decision my husband and I have made in such a long time! Being less than 5 minutes away from the beach is even more fun than I imagined!

Scenery: Setting Sun (Bandon, OR)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Travel and Recreation Travel Guides US States OregonApril 26, 2013
Cappuccino Bon Bon
Cappuccino Bon Bon Recipes
Chocolate Bon Bons
Chocolate Bon Bon Recipes
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
Haystack Rock on the Oregon Coast.
Oregon Frugal Travel Guide and Photos
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:52:44 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.