Baptism Gift Advice

I have a baptism to go to at the end of this month and I have no idea what I should get as a gift. Do I even get a gift? What is appropriate? I have looked around, but everything seems so expensive in the "baptism category". All help would be appreciated!

Thank You so much!

Tanya from San Ramon, CA

Answers:

Baptism Gift Advice

What I always give for a baptism gift is a bank with $10-15 change in it. I buy a bank at the $1 store, and then put the money in mixed coins and a few dollar bills in it, put in a gift bag with tissue and it is ready. (07/09/2006)

By Jean

Baptism Gift Advice

If you do a lot of computer work, you can buy parchment paper and make a really nice baptism "certificate". You can personalize it more than the official one will be by adding a picture or something special about the child. Then put it in an inexpensive frame, perhaps one with a mat in it. (07/09/2006)

By MollieB55

Baptism Gift Advice

I always buy savings bonds. (07/09/2006)

By Jill

Baptism Gift Advice

I've done the savings bond, but I usually go with a nice keepsake Bible, or a child's cross on a delicate chain. (07/10/2006)

By mrsmutt

Baptism Gift Advice

You did not say what faith this baptism was for. My faith does not give gifts for baptism. The baptism itself is a gift from God.

If you were to give a gift to someone of my faith they would be gracious enough to accept if you wanted them to, but most would tell you that it wasn't necessary. For the curious I am a Baptist. (Missionary Baptist) (07/13/2006)

By Carla

Baptism Gift Advice

I think a really nice frame for the baptism photograph would be in order. Or even a heartfelt letter about the importance of the baptism. (07/13/2006)

By Mitzi

Baptism Gift Advice

For any age bring a camera and take the pictures, a gift that will be treasured.

A book of prayers, for a baby get the kind with thick brightly colored pages.

The Lords Prayer, framed, is also very nice. (07/13/2006)

By lindaljh1

Baptism Gift Advice

Taking pictures during the ceremony would be a wonderful gift since the parents will be busy with the ceremony. Maybe even get a disposable black and white film camera. My son received a nice My First bible, I thought that was a practical yet appropriate gift. If you could find a Noah's ark toy set, that would be cute. My daughter received money and jewelry. (07/16/2006)

By apmacik

Baptism Gift Advice

I give money. I recently explored giving a savings bond, thinking my nephew would get double the money I spent on maturity. What I didn't realize is that the maturity on an EE bond is 30 years! (05/09/2007)

By Heather

Baptism Gift Advice

We tend to give money for a baptism or earrings/cross/frame/ holder, but recently we went to a baptism and gave $140 for two of us and felt like it wasn't enough, since many of our friends gave more. (09/28/2007)

By Jennifer

Baptism Gift Idea
Baptism Gift Ideas
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
🎄