Bleach Stains on Formica

I recently made the big mistake of using bleach to clean stains from my formica kitchen counter. I left it on a long time while going off to do other things. So now there are yellow stains from the bleach. Short of replacing (or painting) it all, any suggestions out there for me? Thanks in advance!

I've done the same thing. Soft scrub worked for me. (05/16/2002)

By Sandy

Bleach Stains on Formica

I have had all kinds of stains on my "almost white" kitchen counter tops! After using a juicer w/ cranberries, I had a red stain about a foot in diameter. Ah! Get out the bleach, right? Wrong. What was a soft red stain immediately turned BRIGHT ORANGE with the bleach! I thought I had ruined the counter. My Bar Keeper's Helper, soft scrub - Nothing fazed it. I thought of lemon juice. (Don't know why.) The lemon juice (reconstituted) almost immediately faded the stain. I use the lemon juice (the cheap, big bottle) for the Formica cabinet tops exclusively now. (06/30/2004)

By Sharon

Bleach Stains on Formica

Glad to see the lemon juice trick. Will give that a try myself. Did the same thing with bleach trying to clean up coffee stains off the counter.

By mamiewestern

Bleach Stains on Formica

I tried absolutely everything, until I read this on the internet. Reconstituted Lemon Juice is the answer. It took the stain off the cream colored counter not problem. Great solution, thanks for the advice (04/05/2006)

By Georgiana

Bleach Stains on Formica

Try a combination of 1/4 c. hydrogen peroxide, 1 T. baking soda, and 1 T. white vinegar. Rub it in the stain and let stand for at least 10 minutes, then remove the solution with a clean damp cloth. I am not going to say magically the stain disappears, but it makes it drastically less noticeable. (04/28/2006)

By Felicia

Oh my gosh. I just tried the vinegar baking soda peroxide mix and it worked. Thanks had to big spots behind my sink now you can hardly see it. I'm putting my house up for sale and you took a big load off my mind

Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub