Bran Muffins

• 1 cup All Bran (or generic)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp. shortening
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • Ad
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Add bran to milk and let soak 5 minutes. Cream shortening and sugar. Add beaten egg and beat until smooth. Add bran mixture. Add dry ingredients. Stir only enough to mix. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.

You can use Wheaties, Grape Nuts, or Bran Flakes. A good way to use up GrapeNuts that are toasted too hard.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Bran Muffins

I just made this recipe and revised it a bit using molasses for the sugar, 1/2 cup WW flour and 1/2 cup unbleached flour, buttermilk and added some oatmeal and flax seed and used a pecan 1/2 on the top and baked them at my traditional 350 degrees F and they turned out soft and fluffy. I believe that you could also make a loaf of bran bread from this recipe. I am noted for revising recipes! Delicious. (09/09/2006)

By Eloise, Franklinville NYS

Bran Muffins
Blueberry Muffins
Freezing Muffins
Bran Muffin Recipes
Bran Muffin Recipes
Making Snow Muffins
A tablespoon of wheat bran.
Recipes Using Bran