Burn Hole on Microfiber Couch

Should I be worried about a small burn in Microfiber couch? I have a very small burn in my microfiber couch. I don't want the hole to get larger but don't want to ruin it by trying to fix it if I don't need to. I am assuming since this is a burn that it sealed the fibers and that the hole will probably not get larger. Am I correct in assuming this?

Theresa

Answer:

Burn Hole on Microfiber Couch

I tend to agree with you. Microfiber is a synthetic fiber which means the fibers will actually melt & seal the edges, unlike if it were a woven cotton, rayon, silk or wool. But if the hole does get any larger, you can take a tiny scrap of a fabric that's about the same color as your couch & with a tiny dab of glue (I recommend "Fabri-Tac") you can slip this tiny piece of fabric inside then behind the burn with a pair of tweezers. Of you could just use a permanent market of the color as the furniture & color the area to hide the burn a bit.

What I'd recommend is an even better option that you can use with any type of fiber: Just dab a small amount of clear nail polish on to the burn & carefully brush this around the edges. This will strengthen the area & help make sure the hole won't get any larger. (11/18/2008)

By Cyinda

Burn Hole on Microfiber Couch
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
🎉
🎄