Browsing: Burn Mark on Countertop

Burn Mark on Countertop

Request:

I recently put a hot pan on my countertop while reaching for a plate and now I have a semicircle burn mark on my countertop. Is there any way that this will ever come off.

jmyers

Answers:

Burn Mark on Countertop

We also have a burn mark on our countertop. I'm not sure how long the pan sat or how hot it was as it happened when someone else stayed in our house. When we found it, we used baking soda and the scrubby side of a sponge. It lightened it but would not totally eliminate the mark as the mark goes deep into the counter.

You have to be VERY CAREFUL doing this as it also lightens and takes the finish off the countertop. For us, it couldn't get much worse so we were willing to risk it and it helped but know that it could make it worse!

Post by Diane

Burn Mark on Countertop

Well, if nothing else works and replacing the counter is too expensive, contact paper can actually look like a brand-new countertop, when applied very carefully!

Post by julie_gustafson

Burn Mark on Countertop
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 3, 2016 at 12:08:07 AM on 10.0.2.26 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.