Burn Mark on Countertop

I have placed a hot pyrex glass on my kitchen countertop and now it has left a burnt mark. I'm not too sure of the material of the countertop. Does anyone know how to get rid of the burnt mark, without replacing the countertop?

Burn Mark on Countertop

I put a nice cutting board over mine! (05/23/2007)

By Roberta

Burn Mark on Countertop

Whoever figured out that mr cleans magic eraser would remove burns from formica.... THANK YOU! I didn't believe it at first but I had no other options so I tried it... and IT WORKED! You can still see it a little but it sat for months. I wish I had a before and after. (07/02/2007)

By nicole

Burn Mark on Countertop

I tried the magic eraser and it did nothing on my burn mark. I tried it several times. I have formica. My husband took a small paring knife and scraped the brown ring very lightly and it took the brown off and looks a ton better. My counters are a very light color. (09/28/2007)

By Kim

Burn Mark on Countertop
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica