Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

I have a burnt on food stain on my stainless steel pan from oil. I have tried baking soda, vinegar, simmering water with baking soda and vinegar and soapy water. Here is a picture of it below. I have also used a baking soda paste overnight twice now. I need help.

By BrianW43 from Hanover, ON

Answers:

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

I use a product called Bar Keepers Friend in the cleaning aisle. And you can also use an SOS pad. Hope it works. (08/12/2009)

By kateh09

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

You can soak overnight with water and a fabric softener sheet. Then empty and sprinkle on Barkeepers friend and let sit 10 minutes and scrub well. It really does a fantastic job! Good luck. (08/12/2009)

By Moomama11

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

If all else fails, try some spray on oven cleaner. I'd do this outdoors. (08/12/2009)

By OliveOyl

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

I have successfully used oven cleaner for this type of thing. (08/16/2009)

By merlene

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

This method works great for grills and may remove the burned on oil from your stainless steel pan. Place 1 cup of liquid dishwasher detergent and 1 cup of white vinegar along with your pan in a black plastic garbage bag. Let it sit in the sun for an hour or two. Then wash the pan and use an SOS or Brillo pad to scrub it clean. Make sure the detergent and vinegar get inside the pan. (08/17/2009)

By irisbird

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

Try using a lot of tomato ketchup to cover it and let it sit overnight, then scrub it off. Works on copper, so it might work on stainless steel, or boil some rhubarb in water for about an hour. Don't burn it. Cleans my pots so they shine. Good luck. (08/17/2009)

By catastrofy

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

You can also try filling part way with water and bring to a boil. After a minute or two use a metal spatula to start scraping it off while the water is still boiling. You may need to do this a couple times but it has worked for me whether burned on food or oil.

If you use oven cleaner be sure afterward to soak with dish soap and hot water then wash well. (08/18/2009)

By Deeli

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

I used a "Mr. Clean" eraser. I know it says not to use on stainless steel but I didn't want to throw my pot away. It came out beautiful. I washed it real good with Dawn and hot water. (08/20/2009)

By castleberrycc

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

Automatic dishwasher detergent and water soaked overnight. That stuff dissolves everything. (08/25/2009)

By Lynn

paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
A stainless steel pan with burnt oil.
Cleaning Burnt Oil From Stainless Steel Pans
🎉
🎄