CDs to Decorate Outdoors

My students leave me a file of CDs after every semesters as part of the compilation of their projects. After reviewing the contents, all of them go up on our trees, trellis, or around the garden. It's so fun to look at them both in daytime and at night. Some says they looked like fireflies in the distance!

By Fe N. Evangelio from Philippines

I love that you're using these as sun catchers! You can make some really awesome wind chimes with them too. :-)

Where I live in the city we are pestered by thousands of pigeons. Somebody introduced this idea and now all the balconies are festooned with cds on string or windchimes.The pigeons are bemused and the sunshine and even moonlight give the whole neighborhood a festive feeling. Also, pigeons do not like to land on shiny places so a lot of us have put aluminum foil on the shutters. That keeps them away and also looks OK.

Thanks for a great idea.

Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingJune 9, 2011
CD Spinner Top
Crafts Using CDs
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
CD Spinner Top
Making CD Spinners
Fly on Blade of Grass
Keeping Bugs Away When Sitting Outdoors