Caring for Baby Moles

My grandson found a mole that is about 3 inches in length, but has no fur. We know what you feed a full grown mole, but how do we know if this is a small one or an older one?

By lscraig

Judging by its size, I would venture to say it's an adult.

Three inches is full grown Grammy? I think you read that wrong. I have never seen a mole that small.

You probably need to talk to a wildlife rehabilitator to see what to do with it, or if it's even legal for you to have it. In some states, it's illegal for someone who's not a licensed rehabilitator to keep a wild animal, even if it's a baby or injured. Not only that, they might need special care you don't know about. I'm a Facebook friend with a wildlife rehabilitator in my area & it's been a real learning experience about the smallest things that can make or break a wild animals chance of survival.

Here are 2 websites that can help you find someone in your area:

And here's a website with general information on the subject:

A wild raccoon looking up.
Rescuing Wild Animals
Better Living Green Living WildlifeJuly 24, 2011
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower