Carob Pie

I have a family member who cannot eat chocolate. He has requested that I make a Carob pie for him for the holidays. Does anyone know how to substitute carob powder for cocoa in order to make a chocolate (carob) pie? I'd appreciate any recipe help that you can give me.

Connie A. from Tennessee

Carob Pie

Here are a few recipes I found online: , , Actually, if you key in "carob pudding" you can find lots of recipes...most using dates and cashews in the recipe. The following site suggests that you substitute cocoa with one and a half to two parts carob: I hope these sites help. God bless you, Connie, what a wonderful gift you are to your family member. (11/28/2005)

By Luvyabye

Carob Pie
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling