Cat Stopped Using Litter Box

I would appreciate your advice about how to make my old cat stop peeing on the floor. She used to use her litter tray, but stopped using it ever since we brought in a new cat. There are two litter trays in different places, but I cannot stop the new cat from using both trays. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By laleh from Abu Dhabi, UAE

Answers:

Cat Stopped Using Litter Box

I am not sure what to tell you if the new kitty insists on using both litter boxes. I have 4 cats and they do share 2 litter boxes changed daily. Maybe the older cat has a medical condition causing this. My cat Flamey who is about 3 just stopped using the litter box and after a few days, I would hear him crying and growling when he was peeing. I took him in to the vet and he has a UTI and this can turn into a bigger issue if left untreated. It could end up requiring expensive surgery. The cat was given an injection and pills to take daily. Good luck figuring your problem out.

Mary in Camden, MI (09/29/2009)

By marywelden

Cat Stopped Using Litter Box

Get the plug in pheromone(sp) apparatus. Good for change in behavior. Kitty needs checked for UTI. (09/29/2009)

By muttmom

Cat Stopped Using Litter Box

I have four litter trays two cats. The old one wouldn't use the litter tray if the new one used it so I had to persevere and change the litter three or four times daily. I also kept the old one separate from the little one. They have been together for about three years now, but the old one is still very fussy, and gives all the litter trays a good sniff before using one. (09/29/2009)

By Sharylesley

Litterbox on a white background
Cat Stopped Using Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter
🎉
🎄