Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

What is the best way to clean the residual stain left by cat vomit on a wool carpet?

Michael

Answers:

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Believe it or not -- shaving cream! The old-fashioned white foamy type, not a gel. Use what you have on hand, or go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest one. Squirt a big glob on the stain, then work it in really really well with a brush or a clean rag. Let it dry, then vacuum it up. You may need more than one application.

I've had cats for years, and this works! (10/04/2005)

By Becki in Indiana

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

This is the best tip ever! Our cat vomited and the bile got spread around in a large area on a white carpet. I tried multiple ways to remove it and all we saw was a faded yellow patch on the center of our carpet in a very prominent walkway! Thinking this one spot of vomit was going to cost us several thousand dollars so we could replace the carpet with wood floors, I tried the shaving foam trick. The carpet looks great and no stain. Fabulous! Thanks. (10/07/2005)

By Anon

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

One of my cats left a huge pile of vomit on our beige carpet. I tried carpet cleaner and it didn't work. The bile had stained the carpet yellow. I then tried pouring vinegar on the yellow stains and putting a towel over it and then standing on the towel to soa1k up the stain. It worked! Be generous with your vinegar. Good Luck (07/22/2006)

By Colleen Ann Catalano

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

A lady once told me club soda will get stains out of anything. Pour club soda on the stain and rub with a terry hand towel than take a clean towel and blot the rest of the club soda out of your carpet. It really works. I use that remedy for all carpet stains. (03/07/2007)

By Jane

A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 9:28:45 AM on 10.0.0.42 in 817 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.